Wow, what a busy holiday season that was! Always is this time of year, Christmas, the New Year, my birthday and anniversary all within a two week span. There was so much going on that it is all very overwhelming and exhausting. Even after the holidays it felt like no matter how hard I worked nothing seemed to get done.
Finally I have been able to start digging myself out from underneath the pile. Many of the things that have been on my todo list for months have suddenly been completed, plus many more recent items. Here’s the plan I have been following to keep it going:
- Keep a detailed list of everything that I need to do
- Get rid of anything on the list that doesn’t actually matter
- Finish things before I move on to the next, don’t leave items @ 90% complete
- When something is finished, put it away so that it’s out of my mind
- Re-prioritize my to do list often in achievable chunks, starting the whole process over again
The results have been good, as I get caught up, my head feels more clear and I’m actually able to get things done even faster. This week I’ve scratched 3 times as much stuff off of my lists as I have in previous weeks, and we all know how good it feels to get out that marker and cross something off our list. I no longer feel like I’m buried under a pile of stuff.
So give it a try if you like, let me know how you make out.
Leave a Reply